Unique Insurance Coverages

Vacant Property Insurance


If your home has been vacant for more than 30 days, there is no coverage under a standard homeowners policy. You need to purchase a vacant home policy

Given the greater exposure – higher chance of theft, water damage and liability claims when a home is unoccupied – there is a higher cost for these policies.

We can walk you through the process of making sure you are obtaining the coverage you need at a price you can afford.

Rental Property Insurance

Renting a property? We can write it.

Whether you want to insure it personally under your name or on a commercial policy we can make sure you have the coverage you need. We can obtain coverage for your property, your liability exposure and the loss of rents if a loss were to occur.

Inexperienced Driver Insurance

It is an exciting and anxious time when your child gets their license. The last thing you want to be concerned with is how you can afford to insure them.

We can help you work through your options, whether it is adding a good student discount, student living away from home discount or helping you to enroll your child in a defensive driving course, we will guide you through the process.


Flood Insurance


As we have seen over the past few years, flood water can cause significant property damage. Unfortunately, too many homeowners do not understand that flood damage is not covered by homeowners insurance. Further, many homeowners do not know that if the town in which they reside participates in a flood program, they live in a flood zone.

The only way to insure against flood loss is with a separate flood policy. Flood insurance provides building coverage up to $250,000 and contents coverage up to $100,000.

If you live in a flood zone, or think your property may be subject to flood water damage, we can help you get the coverage you need.



Wedding Insurance

Your wedding is one of the truly special days in your life. Bride, groom, and parents invest considerable time and money planning every detail. However, try as you might some things are still beyond your control – the weather, illness, failure of contractors to perform, and lost or damaged property.

For the things you cannot control, Robert Powers Insurance, together with the Travelers Insurance Company, offers The Wedding Protector insurance plan. The plan covers expenses related to the cancellation or postponement of the wedding, plus loss or damage to wedding related property. Additional liability is available as well.

While insurance alone cannot restore a perfect wedding day, it can protect your financial investment.

To find out more about The Wedding Protector Plan or to purchase the coverage, click here.